On today’s Good Friday addition of Kentucky Sports Radio the guys are doing the show live from Memorial Coliseum on UK’s campus. They will have serveral guests including Maci Morris from the Lady UK Hoops team, her Coach Matthew Mitchell, and Swaggy Cal could be making an appearence as well. So settle in and get ready for a great KSR and we’ll discuss it all here!
Remember to CALL or TEXT the KSR After Show @ 775-583-7483 and leave us your voicemails and text messages and we will post them to the website for all of BBN to enjoy!
Matt watched the NCAA Tournament games last night at the YUM Center.
He gets mad and hates that the YUM Center is so much better than Rupp. Although scalpers where selling tickets at half price and the arena was almost half empty, because Kentucky isn’t playing there. The YUM Center seats 22,000 and Matt says there where probably only 12,000 people there, and 1/4th of them where Kentucky and Louisville fans.
Matt got the stink eye from the UofL suite.
So in true Matt fashion, he walked by as many times as possible.
Duke lost last night so the tournament is a little more enjoyable.
It still stinks that the Cats are not playing this weekend of course, but seeing Duke go down is the next best thing!
Coach K scolded Dillon Brooks of Oregon in the handshake line for, as time was running out in their game, taking a really REALLY deep three at the end that just happened to go in.
When asked about the incident during the post game press conference, coach K lied about it and said that he did not tell Brooks that he is a better player than that to show boat and shoot a three like he did. It was obvious from the video that a conversation like what was confirmed by Dillon Brooks was going on. You could clearly see Brooks apologizing to coach K. While this is a coach K thing to do, it is not his place to tell an opposing player anything like he did. It’s such a “I’m the greatest of all time and can do whatever I want” action and just makes me hate Duke even more and lose some respect for coach K for doing it, and lying about it afterwards.
Grayson Allen is a whiney butt, and Coach K is a snotface lying little goober.
Maci Morris joins Matt and Ryan on the show.
- She’s a mountain girl from Bell County.
- She feels the pressure of the NCAA Tournament but is excited and loves playing with the other girls.
- Bell County where Maci is from and Middlesboro where Matt is from are rivals.
- Bell County is completely behind Maci.
- Richie Farmer is from the same area as Maci.
- Maci’s dad and Freddie Maggard are good friends.
- Kash Daniels dad and her dad played Basketball together at East Tennessee State.
- Maci and Kash do talk and know each other.
- Her mom was a PG at Transy.
- She did not expect to come in and play as much as she has this year.
- She likes Bo Bobs Pizza.
- Maci wants fans to get out to the game tonight to give the girls energy and root them on to the Elite 8.
John Short says the women will win by 10 big’ns tonight.
Coach Mitchell may do a Big Blue Madness dance tonight if they win by 10 big’ns.
Coach Cal told Matt this morning to tell Matthew Mitchell to “Kick some ass tonight!”
Coach Mitchell challenges everyone thats on the fence to get out to Rupp tonight and help cheer on the girls!
Maci Morris was named after Kyle Macy, and wears number 4 because of Macy as well.
Coach Cal visited “said” recruit yesterday.
Whom of course from previous knowledge given to use by KSR, we know to be Marques Bolden.
The newest Mock Draft has our guys projected to get drafted at these spots.
- Jamal Murray 3 (possibly picked by the Suns or Kings)
- Skal Labissiere 14
- Tyler Ulis 20 (possibly picked by the Indiana Pacers, where I will then want season tickets.)
Tyler has not yet hired an agent. Giving the option to come back if he decides to.
Although with the new rule, players no longer need an agent to talk to NBA teams like they did in the past. So this isn’t as much of a clue that a player will be returning as it used to be.
I totally agree that anyone saying you absolutely want Tyler Ulis to come back, you are being selfish. Although, as I stated earlier this week when we discussed what next year’s team could look like, I do think if HE decides that coming back is what he wants to do and is best for him then we should not question it and welcome him back of course. For one the freshman guards that will be here next year, Fox and Monk, will most certainly be spectacular. Although depending on whether Isaiah Briscoe is back or not and if he is in the starting line up or not next year. The back up guard positions will lack a lot of depth and the talent gap will be significant. While I love Dominique Hawkins and feel like he will/could have a big role on next years team, Hawkins and Briscoe (if he returns) will be about the end of the depth line. So I dont know what Calipari would decide to do with the starting lineup if by chance Tyler did choose to return, but assuming he would be in it. That would significantly improve the depth at the guard position next year. While his draft stock most likely couldnt get much better than it is right now, and coming back could be a risk for Tyler. This team next year would have strength and depth at every postion and would be completely insane. Yet like Matt says I think the likelyhood that Ulis returns is very low, and it seems like going into the NBA this year would most likely be the best thing for him, again the following draft will be A LOT stronger. If he does come back, then everyone watch out, that would almost insure greatness for the 2016-2017 Wildcats.
Yesterday comic book geeks got mad at Matt and the guys for not knowing about Batman and Superman.
I still can’t wait to see this movie, I think I’ll see it this weekend as a matter a fact. I know Matt is not in tune with the comic book nerd community but he should know if he puts out any comment over the airwaves about Batman and Superman that they are going to come out of the woodwork and bring down Thor’s Hammer on his head for talkin trash. Matt’s Twitter mentions where pretty hilarious yesterday after the show.
Fred from Indiana is the most improved caller of the day. Totally won over the guys.
and I apologize for saying he was illogical.
Matt says there are not 5 women that would sleep with Ted Cruz so he couldn’t have 5 mistresses.
Coach Calipari joins Matt and Ryan on KSR
- He is still nauseous from the loss
- He has not watched tape or any other basketball since the loss to Indiana.
- No matter who it is to, losing and knowing the season is over hurts.
- If 4-5 guys didn’t play well then we couldn’t win and why we didn’t.
- Which also put to much pressure on the guards.
- It wasn’t about shooting, we needed big guys to step up.
- We shouldn’t have been playing IU that weekend.
- The corner three IU hit at the end of the game was devastating
- Sending all of the kids to the draft is the logical thing to do.
- There is no down time
- He was having fun telling Jonny that he is also declaring, so he can fax in the paperwork and show his kids and grandkids later on in life that he declared for the NBA draft after his freshman year.
- He told Tyler if you think your going to be here 4 year’s then dont come here, and thats when Tyler decided he’s coming here because he knew Cal believed in him.
- The low side of Tyler Ulis in the NBA is a backup PG, we all know the high side.
- There are teams in the NBA that could use Tyler as a Starting PG.
- Once he really digs into recruiting it is easier to get over losing.
- He is proud of this year’s team for all that they did.
- But it ended way to soon.
- The Cats played 5 games in 8 days.
- Cal tells everybody to get out to the womens game tonight and help get our girls to the Final Four!
Thank you Big Blue Nation for listening to KSR and joining us here for the KSR After Show! Everyone have a great Easter weekend, and go cheer on the UK womens hoops team! Like we always say, remember it could be worse, you could be a Louisville fan! Go Big Blue!