KSR After Show 3/4/16
Welcome to the Friday March 4th addition of the KSR After Show. Today the Kentucky Sports Radio crew are on remote at the Cumberland Valley National Bank in Lexington where they will discuss Senior Day for the Cats against LSU tomorrow, the SEC Tournament, and they’re sure to talk about the actual game against LSU as well, amoung many other topics. So let’s listen in and continue the conversation here on Stats and Opinions and the KSR After Show following today’s KSR live broadcast.
CALL or TEXT the KSR After Show Hotline @ 775-583-7483
Tomorrows game is Senior Day, technically for only Alex Poythress. Yet will be Jamal Murray and Tyler Ulis’ last game at Rupp as well.
- Alex Poythress: A four year class act 4.0 student athlete for Kentucky. He worked at Wendy’s while being recruited as a McDonald’s All American. While sometimes inconsistent he has shown us he’s resilient facing adversity, and is a proven leader in the locker room based on his experience, and while Tyler Ulis is the general, Alex is the firm backbone of this team. He deserves every bit of the standing ovation that he’ll recieve tomorrow from the Rupp Arena crowd.
- Jamal Murray: He has transformed from a volume shooter who had a wreckless abandon that was..wreckless. Rushing shots and trying to do to much. To the most prolific scorer as a freshman in the Calipari Era at Kentucky, and has sky rocketed to a top 5 pick in the 2016 NBA Draft.
- Tyler Ulis: In two great years Ulis has become one of the most, if not the most beloved Wildcat of all time in all of our hearts. While Murray is amazing when you think of this team you think of its leader Tyler Ulis. Without Tyler this Kentucky team would be headed to the NIT Tournament instead of a chance at the Final Four in the NCAA Tournament. Tyler Ulis is the best Point Guard in the nation and will go down as one of the best PGs in UK history. He as well as Alex and Jamal will be severely missed by BBN and we all need to appreciate what little time we have left with all of these guys.
SEC Tournament Seeding Breakdown.
- Ok, SO.. South Carolina lost, so now the worst we can be is the 4 seed.
- If we win tomorrow the worst we can be is the 2 seed.
- If we win and Texas A&M loses we are the sole winner of the SEC and would then be the 1 seed.
- If we win and A&M wins we will then be the 2 seed.
- If we lose and A&M wins we will be the 3 seed.
- If both UK and A&M loses we will then be the 4 seed.
Matt states that our best scenerio’s are if UK and Texas A&M win and we get the 2 seed which will be the easiest bracket. Or if we win and A&M loses AND South Carolina loses their last regular season game, because then we will be the 1 seed and South Carolina will be the 4.
All signs point to Derek Willis playing tomorrow.
Getting Derek Willis back and having a complete and healthy team, is the most important thing for the Cats going forward into the tournament season. No one would have thought so to the extent that what he is, but Derek is a critical part of this team and UK needs him to make a run.
There may be a knife that a rogue cop has kept on display at his house for 17 years from OJ Simpsons yard that no one knew about.
While this is a TMZ report, I don’t put anything past people these days. Especially things that make them think they look cool or important, or whatever this guy was trying to accomplish if it’s true.
It’s NFL Pro Day for Kentucky Football.
Big day for some of the players on the Cats football roster to prove they have what it takes to play at the next level. Good Luck fellas!
Tyler Ulis has 207 assists, the next highest on the team is Briscoe with 88.
As long as Kentucky can make it to the finals in the SEC Tournament and do something, elite 8, final four, in the NCAA Tournament. Then Tyler will break John Walls single season assist record.
Marco Rubio is joining KSR after the mid show break.
Listen to the second hour of today’s KSR on iTunes HERE to hear the Marco Rubio interview.
Matt believes UKs best line up is the 3 guards, Willis and Poythress.
I’m not 100% sure but I believe Matt just said “I had a hard one on Bill Lamb”… Pretty sure.
U.K. Vs LSU game thoughts.
As we all know Kentucky struggled down in Baton Rouge in their first meeting with the Tigers. Although that was a completely different team than what we are seeing now. This game is at Rupp, it’s Senior Day and I believe the Cats are going to come to play and finish the regular season by putting away LSU for good. The Tigers need to win tomorrow to have any hopes to play in the NCAA Tournament, but I think they fall short tomorrow and prove that even with Ben Simmons Johnny Jones can’t coach. Im betting on Alex Poythress showing up on his stand alone Senior Day and on Tyler Ulis and Jamal Murray also going out in style, both likely playing their last games in Lexington, continuing to put up big numbers and willing Kentucky to another victory.
Prediction: UK 81 LSU 75