Welcome to the KSR After Show Big Blue Nation. We are here to discuss anything and everything that Kentucky Sports Radio gives us today. Since the guys are at Nutter Practice Facility for Kentucky Football practice, today we will surely have lots of football related topics to talk about, listen to some interviews from Coach Stoops and a couple players, and talk about an amazing NCAA Basketball Championship game last night. So let’s listen in to these things and more and discuss it here afterwards.
Remember to Call or Text the KSR After Show Hotline @ 775-583-7483 and leave us a voicemail or text and we will post it to the website for everyone to enjoy.
On Today’s KSR:
The NCAA Championship last night was an all-time great game. One of the best in recent memory.
So many big shots, great back and forth play, and great coaching specifically by Jay Wright to draw up some special plays at the end of the game to pull out the victory. Even without the Cats in it, it was a special game to watch and highly entertaining. It will definitely go down as one of the best of all time.
Kentucky fans are happy that North Carolina didn’t win.
I think there was one fan that Tweeted Matt yesterday saying he wanted UNC to win to keep all of the championships with the “blue bloods”, but I think most all of Kentucky fans were on the Villanova bandwagon last night and was happy they put down UNC. Cheaters never win and the ball don’t lie.
Villanova may be the first team in 30 years to win the title without a first round draft pick.
Drew Barker joins Matt and Ryan on the show.
- Accountability on and off the field is a big point of emphasis this year.
- The team is much more disciplined including himself.
- The offense is more of a Pro-Style Offense out of the shotgun.
- He does think of himself as the started but knows he has to work to keep it that way.
- Says the team has to learn how to finish.
Mark Stoops Joins the guys now.
- Says Drew isn’t worried about anything else but getting better and he is very pleased with Drew.
- The team will be more disciplined and accountable this coming year.
- He is seeing the team make more competitive plays than ever before.
- Andy Buh leaving was a set back but he is happy for him and knew it was the decision he had to make.
- The team is growing up and getting depth on offense.
- The team will be much more consistent at Wide Receiver and Tight End
- There is some inexperience on defense, but we are very talented.
- He feels good up front on defense other than producing pass rushers.
- But there have been some pleasant surprises in the pass rushing game.
- Kash Daniels is dinged up with a concussion right now, but he thinks Kash can contribute and play some this year.
- Says cornerbacks Chris Westry, Eric Betty and Mike Edwards have a chance to play on Sunday’s in the future.
- He appreciates all of the fan support, he knows it’s been frustrating but we need everyone on board to compete at a high level.
Next year’s college basketball season is set up to be a special year across the board.
Like Matt says, it kinda stinks that when it seems like Kentucky is going to have a great roster that the college basketball landscape is going to be greatly improved. Yet who really wants to be the best and not be able to go up against the best to prove
Yuo Ming, Shag, Allen Iverson, and Tom Izzo where inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame.
Allen Iverson apparently checked out Ryan’s wife at a Pacers game a while back, so Ryan isn’t a big fan of AI.
Garrett “Juice” Johnson joins Matt and Ryan.
- Lamar Thomas has some juice
- He respects coach Thomas even more after watching The U documentary.
- He says the drop balls where interpersonal last year, but that was last year.
- All of the receivers bring something different to the table.
- Drew Barker is more of a vocal leader this year.
- He really wants to beat Florida and Louisville.
- Asks the fans to bring energy to the Spring Game and all year.
Eric C. Conn is being investigated by the FBI for Social Security fraud in Eastern Kentucky.
Here is an article from the Herald Leader on the FBI investigation into Eric C. Conn.
Could the Jenkins shot help replace the Laettner shot even a little bit going forward on NCAA basketball broadcasts?
I doubt it, the networks will never stop showing the Laettner shot, but maybe it will help a little by the way of them playing the Paige and Jenkins shots a little more now.
Coach Stoops returns:
- Juice has taken on a leadership role.
- Recruiting has already started back up.
- They do their best to target and zero in on guys early in recruiting, and have done a good job.
- In between visiting with KSR he has been showing a recruit around campus. We obviously don’t know who yet.
- Coach has no doubt that we will get to where we want to be in football.
- The new facility is a game changer.
Thanks for joining us on today’s KSR After Show BBN, leave your comments here on the site or call/text the KSR After Show Hotline @ 775-583-7483 to continue the discussions! Have a great day guys and gals!
Welcome to the Monday April 4th addition of the KSR After Show. On the second bummer of a Monday after the Final Four and National Championship Day in a row the last two years. KSR is here to provide us with the pep in our step that we need. So let’s listen in as Matt and the gang let us know what’s going on in the world of Kentucky Athletics.
Don’t forget you can call or text the KSR After Show @ 775-583-7483 and let BBN know what’s on your mind. We will post all texts and voicemail’s to the website for everyone to enjoy!
On Today’s KSR:
Last night was a great night for tv, maybe the best all year so far.
Between The Walking Dead Season Finale, Wrestlemania, the Iheart radio music awards, and the ACMs everyone’s minds and DVRs we’re exploding trying to watch all of the good entertainment on television last night. I personally flipped back n forth from the awards shows until TWD season finale started. Then my eyes were glued to AMC until Negan bashed in my dome with Lucille.
Oklahoma’s loss to Villanova was the worse loss by a top ten team since 1949.
Watching the Oklahoma fans in attendance at this game was depressing. I can’t believe Oklahoma was able to put on such a poop show on Saturday, was impressive to watch on the Villanova side of things.
Ryan watched Once Upon a Time last night, Matt and Shannon watched Wrestlemania.
Matt says the main reason is likely that the games are on TBS instead of CBS this year, but the Kentucky and Duke effect is a major factor as well.
I think Ryan may be a little obsessed with Kacie McDonnell on the Villanova team stream.
I guess I can see why now, quite a beautiful women. Although Ryan is going to start some beef with Aaron Murray for himself or Matt if he’s not careful.
Shannon is as cold as Negan was on The Walking Dead Season Finale last night.
Eenie meanie miney mo..
Thon Maker is trying to enter the draft after his 5th year of “high school”.
Keep an eye on this because Thon and his entourage may have found a loop hole to go straight from high school/prep school to the NBA.
The guys at the Final Four broadcast sat Cal and Jim Calhoun next to one another during the show.
Someone was really trying to create some on air coach on coach drama, which is brilliant, but I don’t know that Cal nor Calhoun really appreciated it.
“How can you enjoy the highs if you don’t experience the lows too.” – Uncle Matt
Big Blue Madness Day?
I would love this, maybe not so much a parade but there are tons of other ideas that could make an all day BBM event pretty awesome.
The special announcement was Jamal Murray entering the draft.
Which the KSR gang let us know ahead of time that this was what the announcement would be. Watching and listening to Jamal and his dad was pretty special though. It was easy to see the bond they have and how proud they both where. Go get em Jamal! BBN will always have your back and root you on for many years to come.
How will Jamal Murray be remembered?
Sadly Matt is most likely correct in saying that Jamal’s amazing performance this year will be overshadowed and it really shouldn’t be. Only Dan Isle had more 30 point games in UK history than what Murray did this year. He was also the highest scoring freshman in UK history.
Who’s jerseys are you retiring from the Cal era, if you only get 4 choices?
I’m retiring Anthony Davis, John Wall, Tyler Ulis, and because he was a part of the turning point of Kentucky Basketball with John Wall that led to getting the rest of these guys, and he will most likely be an NBA Hall of Famer, my fourth is DeMarcus Cousins. Although it’s a tough discussion and there will need to be more spots open, has to be.
Send your condolences to Feddie Maggard BBN please, we all love ya Feddie hang in there buddy.
The BUZZ, not a certainty, that Matt is hearing is that Briscoe is likely to return, and Marcus Lee is likely to not.
So I’m curious if that means Marcus is likely to leave to go to the draft or transfer to another team.
This Monday show after the Final Four last year was the worst show of all time.
This time last year I didn’t listen to KSR for a week, and I run a website about KSR, so that should tell you something. Even if that something isn’t a good something.
The wall of Kentucky players in the NBA in the Joe Craft Center is a major recruiting tool.
I imagine everytime Coach Cal takes a potential recruit through there that he has to stop and tie his shoe right under all of the pictures.
A UofL fan threatened Sacha Killeya-Jones after seeing the L’s down photo by the new incoming recruits.
Here is an article from WDRB on the incident. What a tool, remember ladies and gents, think, read, rethink, and re-read before you Tweet.
And the Louisville fan base thinks Matt made it up to make them look bad.
Because Matt needs to do that…
Tomorrow KSR is live from Nutter and UK spring practice. They will be breaking down what they saw, getting us geared up for what’s to come, and possibly will have a few special guests in the form of players and coaches. Tune in at 10:00 am EST to hear all of these things and more! Remember to gather here afterwards and let your opinions be heard all across Big Blue Nation.
Here on April Fools Day, April 1st 2016, Matt and Drew are in studio and are not joking around. Ah who am I kidding, yes they are, but they are set up to bring us a good Friday show to get us ready for the weekend. On today’s show the guys will talk UK special announcement, recruiting, and anything in between. In the second hour Kyle Wiltjer will join KSR to talk about his career, selling t-shirts, and his upcoming autograph tour.
I invite you to CALL or TEXT The KSR After Show Hotline @ 775-583-7483 so that you can leave your comments on today’s topics. We will post your messages for all of BBN and the KSR Family to enjoy!
On Today’s KSR:
Matt and Drew hate April Fools Day.
I’m with the guys, maybe every now and again someone will come up with a pretty good prank. Although mostly its people who think they are funny being annoying.
UK has a press conference at 2pm for a special announcement.
Matt and Drew believe the announcement will be either Jamal Murray or Skal announcing that they are hiring an agent and putting their name in the draft.
The NCAA called South Carolina and told them they where in the NCAA Tournament, but they really weren’t.
That’s a big D move by the NCAA. Even if it was by mistake, it’s still a D move.
Matt is feuding with governor Bevin.
“Move along kids”
Drew says per sources he thinks Marques Bolden was a sure thing to Duke a month ago, but that he changed his mind between Duke and Kentucky every other day now.
Urban Meyer told Landon Young he was an inconsequential player going to an inconsequential school.
Another D move. I hope Coach Stoops is pissed about this.
Kyle Wiltjer joins KSR
- He thought he gave up BBN when he transferred. Was surprised to still have so much support from Kentucky.
- Sounds like the Championship ring is going on tour with him.
- The loss to Indiana really hurt but fired up the team.
- The guys knew what the Louisville game in the Final Four meant.
- Winning a Championship is the most satisfying feeling.
- The main reason Kyle decided to transfer was contrasting team playing styles.
- Anthony Davis is the best player he’s played with.
- Says maybe Harrison Barnes or a player from that UNC team where probably the best he’s played against.
- Kyle, Jared Polson, and Willie Cauley-Stein where good friends and called themselves the Goonies.
- He used to be a pitcher in baseball.
- Doron Lamb was the funniest teammate he played with.
- Alex was the smartest.
- Sam Malone would be his running mate if he ran for president.
- He would take Jared or Willie to Europe for a year with him.
- The Vandy loss was not on purpose, and “fueled the fire” going forward.
- He had a lot of mental what if’s during the redshirt year.
- Kyle will be trying to get with a team in the NBA, whether through the draft or not.
- Buy Kyle Wiltjer T-shirts at Throwboy Tees
- Kyle finishes his Masters degree next Saturday.
- He is interested in being a sports agent or starting a business after basketball.
Jay in Lyndon @kwiltj @KySportsRadio Lexington Girls vs. Spokane Girls? #BBN
Aaron Smith @KySportsRadio the kids could move along if their education was going to be better funded. #MoveAlongKids
Linda Brown @RobertCHughes @KySportsRadio @MattBevin Sir,I suggest you forget MJ & focus your energy on cleaning up corruption at #L1C8 #fraud #hookers
Dave Blue @KySportsRadio @DrewFranklinKSR @ryanlemond will be upset if you let Kyle go without the hair question.
Joe Sonka @KySportsRadio see if you can go for the 24-hour trifecta and get @realDonaldTrump to go after you.
nick day @KySportsRadio @kwiltj Sitting here at subway listening and when you said you hated UL the looks on the birds PRICELESS!! Welcome back to KY
Kyle Robinson @KySportsRadio My favorite goonies video – “All I want for Christmas is you” – with @kwiltj and @jpolson05 – Still makes me laugh..a classic
Cole @DrewFranklinKSR @KySportsRadio one time @kwiltj liked my tweet and I bragged about it for a week
Emmy Rae Rodgers @KySportsRadio Hey @kwiltj made being a slow ass honky look good! #BBN
Nick Isaacs @KySportsRadio Hey @kwiltj made being a slow ass honky look good! #BBN
Thank you Big Blue Nation for joining us on the KSR After Show today! Send in your comments and keep the conversations going! Have a great weekend!
Let’s be real and admit for a moment that, while the 2015-16 Kentucky Basketball season was enormously satisfying at times, compared to our exaggerated expectations it will forever go down in history as an unsuccessful year. Rolling over Duke, and Louisville, watching Tyler Ulis and his masterful play, straining for Skal to evolve and become the player we egregiously expected him to be. Jamal Murray and his bow and arrows, every one of these things where incredibly pleasing to watch. Yet it’s hard not to feel like a lot of it was for just that, a little glimpse of unsustained satisfaction. Especially in the case of Jamal Murray. At least we had two years to marvel over Tyler’s play, four years to continue to believe in and encourage Alex Poythress. While it was an all-time great performance from Jamal, selfishly we only got one season to enjoy his greatness. Now the things we have to hold our hats on with several of the guys on this team, that we will all miss, is watching and rooting for their individual growth and success in the NBA.
So to continue to ease the pain of an early tournament exit, let’s take a look at the real reason why we get any of these amazing players, and why it’s important to keep any negative disappointed thoughts into perspective. We sometimes need to remember all of this isn’t about our wants and goals, it’s about the goals and dreams of these kids. So on the request of a KSR After Show reader let’s take a look at who will most likely be fulfilling their dream and entering the league this year from the Kentucky roster. Then break down the success of each player in the Calipari era whom are already living out their dream.
Current Players Draft Projections
I’ve been checking up on all of the major mock draft websites and have recently seen Tyler as high as 16th and 17th to the Utah Jazz or Indiana Pacers, and as low as 33rd to the Phoenix Suns. Will Brad Stevens and the Boston Celtics really let 4 picks go by with Tyler still on the board? I don’t know, but I personally hope the Pacers pick him at 17 and don’t give them to many chances.
The position the Blue Arrow is in on the draft board is pretty awesome for him and for Cats fans. He has been projected anywhere from 3rd to 7th, which is obviously a great place for him to be financially and to start his professional career. Though it’s also a great place for him to be for Kentucky fans. The teams slotted 3-7 are:
- 3. Phoenix Suns or the Kentucky Suns
- 4. The up and coming Boston Celtics with coach Brad Stevens and Isaiah Thomas.
- 5. Minnesota Timberwolves with Karl Towns and Andrew Wiggins.
- 6. New Orleans Pelicans with Anthony Davis.
- 7. Sacramento Kings with DeMarcus Cousins and Willie Cauley-Stein.
I would be excited to see Jamal with any of these teams, and I’m sure he will be as well.
I’ve noticed Skal being projected at spots around the 12-17 range, where there are a few of those interesting teams that could end up being a destination for Skal as well. Including Phoenix, Boston, Chicago, Utah, and Indiana. While the other 4 teams would be great, Skal having a mentor like Pau Gasol in Chicago could prove to be critical to his development.
Isaiah Briscoe/Alex Poythress/Marcus Lee/Derek Willis
Unfortunately none of these guys have yet to break into any mock drafts to this point. So if they are wanting to make the leap, they will need to rely on great NBA Combine performances, team workouts, and hope to sneak in on someones board, or go undrafted and get picked up by a team afterwards.
Former Kentucky Players of the Calipari Era’s NBA Success to Date (3/31/16)
- Drafted: 2010 Round 1, Pick 1 by Washington Wizards
- Current Estimated Career Cash Earnings: $53,569,075
- John Wall Career Stats (ESPN)
- Currently the Star Starting Point Guard for the Washington Wizards.
- Drafted: 2010 Round 1, Pick 5 By Sacramento Kings
- Current Estimated Career Cash Earnings: $45,690,236
- DeMarcus Cousins Career Stats (ESPN)
- Currently the Star Center for the Sacramento Kings
- Drafted: 2010 Round 1, Pick 18 by Oklahoma City Thunder
- Current Estimated Career Cash Earnings: $33,604,069
- Eric Bledsoe Career Stats (ESPN)
- Currently a Star Point Guard/Shooting Guard for the Phoenix Suns.
- Drafted: 2010 Round 1, Pick 14 by Houston Rockets
- Current Estimated Career Cash Earnings: $20,702,871
- Patrick Patterson Career Stats (ESPN)
- Currently an essential role player at Power Forward for the Toronto Raptors.
- Drafted: 2010 Round 1, Pick 29 by Orlando Magic
- Currect Estimated Career Cash Earnings: $3,259,543
- Daniel Orton Career Stats (ESPN)
- Lasted played Center for the Philadelphia 76ers in 2013-14.
- Drafted: 2011 Round 1, Pick 8 by Detriot Pistons
- Current Estimated Career Cash Earnings: $24,589,677
- Brandon Knight Career Stats (ESPN)
- Currently a Star Point Guard for the Phoenix Suns
- Drafted: 2011 Round 1, Pick 3 by Utah Jazz
- Current Estimated Career Cash Earnings: $34,503,097
- Enes Kanter Career Stats (ESPN)
- Currently a major contributor at Center for the Oklahoma City Thunder.
- Drafted: 2011 Round 2, Pick 53 by Orlando Magic
- Current Estimated Career Cash Earnings: $485,227
- DeAndre Liggins Career Stats (ESPN)
- Last played Shooting Guard for the Miami Heat in the 2013-14 season.
- Drafted: 2011 Round 2, Pick 45 by New Orleans Pelicans
- Current Estimated Career Cash Earnings: $381,193
- Josh Harrellson Career Stats (ESPN)
- Last Played for the Detriot Pistons at Center in the 2013-14 season.
- Drafted: 2012 Round 1, Pick 1 by New Orleans Pelicans
- Current Estimated Career Cash Earnings: $23,198,010
- Worth noting that by the end of Davis’ current contract with the Pelicans in 2021 his estimated career cash earnings will reach: $143,700,610
- Anthony Davis Career Stats (ESPN)
- Currently the Starting Star Power Forward for the New Orleans Pelicans.
- Drafted: 2012 Round 1, Pick 2 by Charlotte Bobcats
- Current Estimated Career Cash Earnings: $20,760,923
- Michael Kidd-Gilchrist Career Stats (ESPN)
- Currently the Star Starting Small Forward for the Charlotte Bobcats.
- Drafted: 2012 Round 1, Pick 29 by Chicago Bulls
- Current Estimated Career Cash Earnings: $3,052,640
- Marquis Teague Career Stats (ESPN)
- Last played Point Guard for the Brooklyn Nets in 2013-14.
- Drafted: 2012 Round 1, Pick 18 by Houston Rockets
- Current Estimated Career Cash Earnings: $7,145,049
- Terrence Jones Career Stats (ESPN)
- Currently a major role player at Power Forward for the Houston Rockets.
- Drafted: 2012 Round 2, Pick 42 by Milwaukee Bucks
- Current Estimated Career Cash Earnings: $915,243
- Doron Lamb Career Stats (ESPN)
- Last played Shooting Guard for the Orlando Magic in 2013-14.
- Drafted: 2012 Round 2, Pick 46 by New Orleans Pelicans
- Current Estimated Career Cash Earnings: $1,662,476
- Darius Miller Career Stats (ESPN)
- Last played Small Forward for the New Orleans Pelicans in 2014-15.
- Drafted: 2013 Round 1, Pick 6 by New Orleans Pelicans
- Current Estimated Career Cash Earnings: $9,945,240
- Nerlens Noel Career Stats (ESPN)
- Currently a Star Power Forward for the Philadelphia 76ers
- Drafted: 2013 Round 1, Pick 29 by Oklahoma City Thunder
- Current Estimated Career Cash Earnings: $3,336,840
- Archie Goodwin Career Stats (ESPN)
- Currently a role player at Shooting Guard for the Phoenix Suns.
- Drafted: 2014 Round 1, Pick 7 by Los Angeles Lakers
- Current Estimated Career Cash Earnings: $6,129,600
- Julius Randle Career Stats (ESPN)
- Currently a rising Star Power Forward for the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Drafted: 2014 Round 1, Pick 17 by Boston Celtics
- Current Estimated Career Cash Earnings: $3,424,320
- James Young Career Stats (ESPN)
- Currently a role player at Shooting Guard for the Boston Celtics.
- Drafted: 2015 Round 1, Pick 1 by Minnestoa Timberwolves
- Current Estimated Career Cash Earnings: $5,703,600
- Karl-Anthony Towns Career Stats (ESPN)
- Current Star Starting Center for the Minnesota Timberwolves.
- Drafted: 2015 Round 1, Pick 6 by Sacramento Kings
- Current Estimated Career Cash Earnings: $3,398,280
- Willie Cauley-Stein Career Stats (ESPN)
- Current up and coming role player at Center for the Sacramento Kings.
- Drafted: 2015 Round 1, Pick 12 by Utah Jazz
- Current Estimated Career Cash Earnings: $2,239,800
- Trey Lyles Career Stats (ESPN)
- Currently a role player at Power Forward for the Utah Jazz.
- Drafted: 2015 Round 1, Pick 13 by Phoenix Suns
- Current Estimated Career Cash Earnings: $2,127,840
- Devin Booker Career Stats (ESPN)
- Currently a major contributor at Shooting Guard, and up and coming Star for the Phoenix Suns.
- Drafted: 2015 Round 2, Pick 44 by Phoenix Suns was traded to the Memphis Grizzlies and is not playing with their D-League affliate.
- Drafted: 2015 Round 2, Pick 48 by Oklahoma City Thunder
Current Total Estimated Cash Earnings of NBA Players from the Calipari Era at Kentucky: $309,824,849
It’s the last day of March, and Kentucky Sports Radio is here to usher our favorite time of year out the door. While it is time to shake the rest of the bitterness off and move on to bigger and better things, it is a bit sad to see March go. Regardless, the KSR gang is always there for us, and they never fail to keep our minds occupied in the most ridiculous manner possible. So let’s listen in and see what’s on the docket for today, then we will continue to discuss it all here.
Remember you can always CALL or TEXT the KSR After Show Hotline @ 775-583-7483 if you didnt get into the show, or if you just want to get your own thoughts out there. We will post any voicemails and texts to the website for all of BBN and the KSR Family to enjoy!
On Today’s KSR:
Ryan and Shannon need to stick up for themselves with the brass.
Come on guys, you have Matt’s support and all of BBN and the KSR Family know how essential both of you are to the show. So have a little more confidence and know your worth.
Matt’s favorite time of the day is the hour before it gets dark.
We love ya Matt, but is anyone else with me that is felt like kind of an old man statement? “Eh I love a takin my walks right before dark, then I go home take ma pills get ma newspaper and do ma crosswords before bed.” I’m just kidding Matt, I know the time of day your talking about, and it is nice, especially in the spring and fall.
Someone yelled at Matt for a tree that wasn’t in his yard.
The Mcdonalds All-American Game was last night.
- Bam Adebayo was a beast, he had 16 points 12 rebounds.
- Malik Monk won the 3 point contest, but went 0-4 from three in the game.
- DeArron Fox is a great passer.
- Sacha Killeya-Jones is further along than we thought.
They also did this, so I offically love em all.
Derek Willis may be essential to next years team as well.
Next year’s team with these new guys coming in is going to be super athletic, and will on most occasions be able to score at will. Yet in the event that they are being pushed out of the lane, having a bad night, or just because they are playing team ball and drive and kick. Derek Willis will be waiting on the wing and corners again next year to knock down treys just as he was this past season.
The 1966 National Championship Game between UK and Texas Western aired last night for the first time in its entirety.
It was awesome to see for awhile, but I agree with Matt that is was hard to watch after awhile.
North Carolina fans argue that you can’t punish the basketball program because their whole school is corrupt.
Well that speaks for itself doesn’t it? these UNC fans need to shut up before they get put into the Louisville fan club.
Ohio State’s Daniel Giddens says he is looking to transfer to Kentucky.
Is Kentucky looking to bring you in though Mr. Giddens? I’m not so sure, having to sit out next year he would be a part of the 2017-18 team and Matt says that recruiting class is loaded with big men. Plus we already have several big men projects in Tai Wynyard, and Isaac Humphries. Not to mention the big guys coming in this year, so I feel like this guy is pulling a Calipari and just trying to get his name out there. Which I can’t crush the guy for, but I dont see him in Kentucky blue anytime soon.
People used to wear suits to a basketball games.
You mean people didn’t always do this at games?
KSR Definitions of the day
- Narrow Crotch Angle: the angle measured from the trunk of a tree to the upper surface of a branch.
- Paraboloid: parabolas
Matt’s Twitter Mentions
Andrew Shephard Thanks to @KySportsRadio I’m looking up genteel, I get it, this is a teaching episode. Trees and words on the menu today
Chris @tanookibutt @KySportsRadio nice of Brendan Dassey’s mother to call in about pear trees
Shaun Johnston I think people are forgetting just how good Briscoe is at getting to the rim. With this team coming in he can flourish. @KySportsRadio
Bucky Small Hooves @KySportsRadio That smell in the air is the Bradford Pear tree? I figured someone cracked the windows at Minardi Hall.
Carrie Cox Does @KySportsRadio just have a face that says, “Please start a fight with me”? Sure makes for entertaining radio.
John Robic’s Hair Based on the smell, maybe Louisville should rename Manardi Hall – Bradford Pear Tree Hall @KySportsRadio @ryanlemond @ShannonTheDude
Thank you all for joining us here at the KSR After Show, don’t be shy share your thoughts on the KSR After Show Hotline @ 775-583-7483 and we will post your voicemails or text messages to the site for all of BBN and the KSR Family to enjoy and send their replies to! Have a great day Big Blue Nation!
On today’s Kentucky Sports Radio Matt, Ryan, and Shannon are in studio to bring us all of the information on the Cats that we have on our minds and want to discuss. It was a jam packed show with lots of great callers, fun hypotheticals, and an off beat Ryan. So let’s continue the talking points here on the KSR After Show!
If you would like to get your own thoughts out to all of BBN and the KSR Family, give us a call and leave a voicemail, or send us a text on the KSR After Show Hotline @ 775-583-7483 and we will post your message or voicemail for everyone to hear or read!
On Today’s KSR
Are you over the loss to IU already? Why was it easier this year?
After losing to Indiana, I took the rest of the weekend off from basketball, I didn’t want to see any of it. Come Monday morning during the KSR following the game I was over it already. I think it took until Jamal Murray’s decision press conference for me to completely get over the Wisconsin loss a year ago, but why? For one personally this year living in Indiana, I didn’t want Hoosier fans to have the satisfaction of knowing I was still upset about it. Then two I believe once we all saw the bracket and know what the Cats would have to do, who they would have to beat, our expectations dropped a little knowing how this team had played throughout the year. A year ago everyone thought Kentucky would go 40-0 and win the title, so it was just a lot more devastating.
UK’s historic team last year was the second best team to not win a title. Only behind the infamous UNLV team.
It really stinks that this is how last years team will be remembered. While true and a solid ranking, it just stinks for those guys and Coach Cal.
Tom Crean wears mom jeans.
Tyler Ulis became the 21st consensus 1st team All-American at Kentucky yesterday.
Swaggy P told D’Angelo Russell that he cheated on Iggy Azalea, and Russell video taped it. Then released the video tape.
I think Matt enjoyed saying Iggy and Swaggy a little much.
If Cal is here 5 more years but doesn’t win another title, will his tenture be considered a success?
Even if we don’t win another title, you know we are going to be there every year with a chance at one or more, and I’d assume make several more Final Fours. I’d take that all day as opposed to the opposite scenerio’s that could be reality without Cal.
Would you rather keep Cal another 5 years, or go 40-0 last year then Cal goes to the NBA?
Travis Ford gets the Heaf Coaching job at St. Louis.
I’m glad he found another Head Coaching job, but I’m bummed for Travis. I always want him and his team to do well.
The McDonald’s All-American Game is tonight. Coverage starts at 9:00pm on ESPN.
We as fans don’t live in the moment and appreciate what we have enough, expect to much, and look forward to next year way to quickly.
Matt breaks down what Kentucky’s team could look like next year.
On paper it sounds awesome! Maybe special awesome again, but sticking with the let’s not get ahead of ourselves theme. Let’s take a step back, wish these kids well throughout the summer, and root them on from a far until they get on campus. Or let’s keep over analyzing every little thing and get so excited that we are let down by Decembet, it’s more fun that way anyway!
The 1966 Title Game between UK & Texas Western is being played for the first time in its entirety tonight at 7:30 on ESPN.
Ryan quote of the day: “I can’t force it to come out of my mouth”
The Lakers need Servpro.
Specifically DeAngelo Russell may need the disaster clean up team in his life.
Ryan is a total negative Nancy today.
Jim Nantz likes burnt toast, and while traveling he carries a picture of burnt toast to show waiters and waitresses at restaurants of how he wants his toast.
Bam Adebayo is being compared to Shawn Kemp.
Matt says we will hear this comparison a lot while Bam is here because he dunks on fools heads like Kemp used to. Kemp was a beast so let’s hope so!
Matt’s Twitter Mentions
Jeffery Pope Breaking news: Louisville confirms D’Angelo Russell is Matt Jones’ mole. @KySportsRadio
Andrew Boggs @KySportsRadio I’m doing homework in the computer lab listening to the show while Reba’s fancy is playing in the background.
Robby C. @DickieV @UKCoachCalipari @KySportsRadio . That’s gonna be one nasty back court. I’d dare to say maybe the best ever at UK.
John 230620 @KySportsRadio You should have given the guy from Korea the “Wendy’s call of the day”
John Robic’s Hair For the people saying “only titles make me happy” – they’ve been mad for 105 years & happy only 8 years @KySportsRadio @ryanlemond
Bucky Small Hooves @KySportsRadio I always figured that pic in Jim Nantz’s wallet was a Phil Simms snapchat that he screen grabbed
Dawson Rule Anyone hear me on KSR today?? I know @KySportsRadio @ryanlemond @ShannonTheDude did!
Wildcat Chris Lewis On the @IAmBam13_ Shawn Kemp talk. He has potential to be one of the best. B one of my favs next year @KySportsRadio
Thank you for joining us here on the KSR After Show! We would love to hear from all of you with your thoughts on today’s topics. Don’t forget tonight on ESPN starting at 7:30 is the 1966 NCAA Championship Game, followed by the McDonald’s All-American game that will feature several incoming Cats. Also tune in to KSR tomorrow at 10am EST and the KSR After Show here directly after the show. Have a great day BBN!
Listen in here to a voicemail from Radio Ron to Alex Poythress, KSR, and BBN.
Thanks Radio Ron!
Send us your voicemail or text @ 775-583-7483 just like Radio Ron did and we will post it for everyone to enjoy!
Welcome to the Tuesday March 29th addition of Kentucky Sports Radio, and the KSR After Show! Today the guys are in Lexington to bring us a fun filled show that will include everything we need to know about Kentucky athletics and much more. They will also be joined in the second hour by our favorite Senior Alex Poythress. He will be talking about the season, his UK career, the upcoming autograph tour, and will be taking calls from BBN. So be sure to get in early if you want to talk to Alex!
Give the KSR After Show a shout on the KSR After Show Hotline @ 775-583-7483 and leave us a voicemail or text message and it will be posted on the website for all of BBN and the KSR Family to hear or read!
Matt’s moral quandary: He bought a guy a pack of cigarettes at the gas station that was searching through the cigarette butt tray outside. Should he have?
Eh, I personally think this comes down to your own personal thoughts on cigarettes and smoking in general. Matt did a nice thing regardless of what he was giving to the guy, but if you dont agree with smoking at all then your going to think he shouldn’t have bought the guy a pack of cigarettes. If you dont mind either way then it’s just a nice gesture. If he would have lectured the guy, then it would have been just as bad as Coach K telling Dillon Brooks that he is better than that and shouldn’t show boat at the end of the game. Even if you do feel bad about it Matt because it was cigarettes that you gave the man. It was still a tally on the good deed side of things, and from yesterdays show we all know that we should always have our good deeds outweigh the bad.
Matt’s opinion on the Marques Bolden recruitment:
Bolden is down to UK, DUKE, and TCU. For the longest time the thought was that Kentucky was a sure thing, although yesterday all of the recruiting talking heads flipped to Duke, and Drew Franklin gave Matt some information yesterday that was convincing on the Duke side as well. The feeling is that his family wants him to go to Duke, and generally the family wins out. The Kentucky guys at the All-American game with Bolden this week have some work to do it sounds like to get Marques in Lexington alongside them next season.
Matt needs an oil change. Every time we change presidents Matt changes his oil.
Can Tai Wynyard play here? It was said that Humphries is FAR ahead of Wynyard.
Yeah even if Wynyard does improve over the summer, next year’s team is full of big guys with A LOT of talent. So hopefully not, obviously we dont want to push anyone out. Yet if he doesn’t get significantly better he could be one of the players that could be on the outside looking in when it comes to playing time and roster spots on the team we will likely see next season.
The ratings for the NCAA Tournament are 25% lower than last year, because the games are on TBS insteand of CBS, and because Kenutcky and Duke are no longer in the tournament.
It’s not all on Kentucky of course, but this just further proves the wide range of Big Blue Nation and I think its awesome. Like Matt said, it does make you wonder if the NCAA Committee regrets sticking with the bracket that they ended up coming out with this year. Even if there isn’t a conspiracy within picking the tournament matchups, maybe in the future they should look at it and consider things a little further than they seemingly do.
- Last years NCAA Tournament ratings where the highest since 1993 with undefeated Kentucky playing.
Alex Poythress joins KSR:
- The Alex Poythress 22 Tour is filled with 20 stops and will be going everywhere around the state.
- Things happened in the Indiana game, missed shots, free throws, missed assignments, that led to the loss.
- This team is really close and is always together.
- Memphis and Florida where his other 2 college choices, he felt like after Big Blue Madness that Kentucky was the place for him.
- His sister also came to Kentucky with him.
- Academics do matter to Alex.
- Alex felt the love from BBN during Senior Day.
- Aaron almost made him cry in the video on Senior Day.
- Even when Nerlens went down in 2012-13 they still believed they could win.
- They played to win at Robert Morris but it’s hard to get excited for an NIT game.
- The South Carolina loss was the turning point in the 2013-14 season.
- Louisville does matter to the players, and coaches.
- The players can tell that Calipari wants to beat Louisville more than other teams.
- Dakari Johnson did not want the ball in the Wisconsin game in 2013-14 at the end before Aaron hit the shot.
- Alex does not regret coming back each year.
- The bahamas trip was the best trip of his life. (so far)
- He wore 22 because his dads football number was 22.
- The National Championship game was his favorite moment.
- The team heard about the Rex Chapman tweet AFTER the game.
- Alex thinks Cal may retire here. (Wasn’t definitive of course)
- The first open practice he saw Tyler Ulis play well and knew he would be good.
- Tyler did stand up to Demarcus Cousins over a foul on Jahlil Okafor.
- Alex felt for Isaac Humphries at the end of the Texas A&M game, but told him it was ok.
- Coach Cal expected the best from him and knew he loved him even though he was hard on him.
- The players always make fun of Cal in practice.
- Alex couldnt believe Drake was in the warm up line, and shot around with them. But it was cool at the same time.
- Alex’s favorite place to eat is Loco Taco
- Trey Lyles was the funniest player that Alex played with.
- Wille would be his running mate if he was running for President
- WCS was also the most interesting person to talk to during his time at UK.
- He recieved a degree in business marketing at Kentucky.
- He was proud of Derek Willis this year.
- He enjoys playing the 4 position more than any other position.
- Alex mentioned Rudy Gay and Kahwi Leonard’s playing style as players in the NBA that he admires, but also says when you are out on the court “you just be you.”
- He thanks Big Blue Nation for supporting him throughout his career.
Here is the Alex Poythress The 22 Tour Schedule
Matt’s Twitter Mentions (during the show)
Sam Mattox Great show from @KySportsRadio today! Gonna miss @AlexTheGreat22 big time! #BBN #RoarFor22
UKsportsPrincess @AlexTheGreat22 @KySportsRadio I knew @ remotes Matt stood up I had no idea he did in the studio TOO #TooFunny #GoodLuckAlex #WeAreUKStill
Amy Knipp @KySportsRadio wish you could get @AlexTheGreat22 to do a Shari’s Berries ad
Hannah Avocado @ryanlemond @KySportsRadio ask Alex about working at Wendy’s in high school and hating making the wraps… -Hannah Letourneau
Hannah Avocado @ryanlemond @KySportsRadio also ask about him signing our precalculus homework with his signature so I could sell it when he was famous
Joe Raley Great hearing @AlexTheGreat22 on @KySportsRadio . One of the best representatives #BBN has ever had. THANK YOU
John Ellis @KySportsRadio @AlexTheGreat22 You’re in the dictionary under Student / Athlete.
kelly jo smith Completely agree with @KySportsRadio. @AlexTheGreat22 is what basketball is and should be all about. Nothing but best wishes for you!
Linda Brown @ryanlemond I think Coach Cal first said this, but it sounds like @KySportsRadio
pizza won’t divorce you
pizza won’t betray you
pizza won’t cheat on you
pizza won’t fight with you
why don’t people just marry pizza
Ryan Lemond He’s here! @AlexTheGreat22 getting ready for @KySportsRadio https://t.co/tfcpO3naO3
@bbn#9 @KySportsRadio use your “throaty gargling voice” when you introduce Alex
J. Kyle Mann @KySportsRadio a dude at Bardstown road Kroger yelled at me for offering him food one time… some dudes just want to get drunk
StuffRyanLemondSays @ryanlemond quote of the day. “Homeless people irritate me.” @KySportsRadio @ShannonTheDude
Billy Moss @jackiesuelong @KySportsRadio @ShannonTheDude @ryanlemond Matt did you call him like, “hey smoker” ?
Bucky Small Hooves @KySportsRadio Recruiting analysts need to remember that if Bam Adeybayo tells you to go somewhere, you should probably go there
Drew Franklin @KySportsRadio When was your last oil change? I’ll hang up and listen.
Colton Covington @KySportsRadio it’s not like you bought him crack. You did the right thing
Andrew Cassady @KySportsRadio Matthew Jones 25:35 For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was feigning, and you bought me a pack of cigs
Thank you Big Blue Nation for joining KSR and here at the KSR After Show to discuss everything on the show today! I would love to hear from all of you and put your thoughts and opinions out there. If you have any comments or messages for us, KSR, and/or Alex Poythress about todays show. Call or Text the KSR After Show Hotline anytime today @ 775-583-7483 and we will post them all on the site for Matt and the gang, hopefully Alex, and all of BBN to hear or read! Have a great day BBN! Roar for 22!
What kind of Kentucky fan are you? Have you been a lifelong fan? Where you converted at some point and for some reason in your life? Or have you only recently considered yourself a part of BBN? Why are all thing Kentucky important to you? What’s your story and answer to these questions? I, and I believe the rest of Big Blue Nation would love to know how you became and will always continue to be a part of the BBN and KSR family. Maybe you are regular KSR caller Harold, or Chester, possibly John Short? Are you “Bucky Small Hooves” or “John Robic’s Hair”or “Fake Barney” on Twitter? I would love to hear from any of you, even if your not a regular participate in the discussions on Kentucky Sports Radio. If you have an interesting story at all involving Kentucky athletics or KSR, I would like to do a profile on your story and allow myself and the rest of BBN to get to know you.
So if you do play an active roll within Big Blue Nation and the KSR family, and are willing to share your story, email me at:
I look forward to speaking with all of you and getting your story out there for everyone to enjoy! Thank you in advance to any of you that decide to reach out, I will personally respond to all emails. Thanks BBN!
On a Monday after a weekend of College Basketball absent the Cats, it’s hard to stay engaged, trust me I know. Kentucky Sports Radio is here though to keep us entertained and to let us know what’s been going on all weekend with Kentucky athletics and around the nation. Let’s listen in and discuss it all here afterwards!
Remember you can CALL or TEXT The KSR After Show anytime @ 775-583-7483 and we will post any messages and voicemails for all of Big Blue Nation to enjoy and send in their replies to.
On today’s KSR:
Matt interviews Randall Cobb for The Matt Jones podcast today.
Alex Poythress will be on the show tomorrow at 11am.
It’ll be awesome to hear Alex address BBN, take some calls with Matt, and most likely find out where he will be signing autographs this summer.
Kyle Wiltjer will be on the show Friday also at 11am.
I think it’s great that Kyle is coming back to the Bluegrass to do an autograph tour, Kyle will always be a part of BBN and fans love him and will show up, so that’ll be pretty awesome. I can’t wait to hear what he has to say on KSR Friday.
The Kentucky women blew a big chance on Friday.
How the women’s tournament unfolded the lady hoops team would have had the easiest run to the Final Four and/or Championship game that they could have even ever wished for. Their route would have included Washington, Stanford, and Syracuse all played in Lexington. Unfortunately the girls and Coach Mitchell couldn’t get it done against Washington.
The Men’s Final Four is set.
Oklahoma vs Villanova
UNC vs Syracuse
What a boring, crappy Final Four, to me anyway, and unless Buddy Hield goes bananas UNC will likely run away with the title.
The Syracuse vs UNC Final Four game will be the academic scandal game.
No school books needed here.
Sounds like Matt was at an interesting gala this weekend.
UK Men’s baseball team beat Florida the #1 team in the country, 2 out of 3 games in their series this weekend.
The Men’s baseball team has beaten the #1 team in the country for three straight years now.
Let’s hope that the baseball teams recent success will continue throughout the summer.
Coach Cal was at the Indiana State Championship to watch Romeo Langford.
Langford still has two years of high school left, but apparently he is gaining interest from all of the big schools and Coach Cal is already hot on the trail hoping to get Romeo to Lexington.
What happens at 21 C stays at 21 C.
Kevin Stallings is out at Vanderbilt, in at Pitt. Will Wade at VCU is being thrown around as a replacement
Calipari is now the second longest tenture coach in the SEC at 7 years behind Andy Kennedy.
Well, hopefully before to long Cal with be here long enough to top that list.
“A rule without a punishment is not a rule.” – Uncle Matt
Rick Stansberry was hired as the head football coach at Western Kentucky.
“If your good enough your big enough.”
Kentucky football got a huge commitment this weekend from Javonte Richardson.
He is the second highest recruit UK has ever been able to get out of state. Ranked 84 in America. Ranked 2 in Ohio. Is an Elite WR. Michigan and Michigan St are also recruiting him and too keep Richardson we will likely have to fend of many big time schools including Ohio State.
Coach K admitted that he lied. He did call out Dillon Brooks for taking the 3 at the end of their game.
Liar liar pants on fire.
“Let your good deeds outweigh the bad.”
Servpro can cleanup your water, sewer, and press conference damage.
Not really, but it was rather funny.
The McDonald’s All American game that a lot of incoming UK players will be playing in is Wednesday.
Here is a link to the McDonald’s All-American site that has all of the information you need to watch the soon to be Cats.
“You gotta get the meat.”
12 Most Believed Superstitions
12. Walking under a ladder is bad luck.
11. A black cat crossing in front front of you is bad luck.
10. Breaking a wishbone.
9. Saying bless you when someone sneezes.
8. Crossing your fingers.
7. Finding a penny heads up.
6. Don’t open an umbrella inside.
5. Bad news comes in threes
4. Four leaf clover
3. Breaking a mirror, 7 years bad luck.
2. Wishing upon a star
1. Knocking on wood.
Ryanism of the day: Another superstitious…
Ty, the Romeo Langford caller called back.
After his Sunday Easter church service Ty chose to forgive Matt and KSR for causing him a little grief over his Romeo Langford call awhile back, when he was actually correct the whole time. What a wonderful sunshiny moment.
Again, tomorrow Alex Poythress will be on KSR in the second hour. Roar for 22! Tune in at 10am EST so you are sure not to miss it! Have a great day BBN and give us a shout on the KSR After Show Hotline throughout the day today to share your thoughts @ 775-583-7483